Shams Network for Monitoring Election
- Shams Network for Monitoring Election in Iraq , founded in December 2004 by a group of Iraqi NGOs who participated in different training on observing election in Jordan by UN, EU , FES , ACHRS.
- Shams Network for Monitoring Election have representative in all governorates of Iraq with 5 regional office in Iraq as follow:
- 1-Baghdad ( Baghdad ,Ramady and Kut)
- 2- Karbala( Najaf , Karbala, Babil and Dywania)
- 3- Basrah( Basrah , Nasrya , Misan and Samawa)
- 4- Erbil ( Erbil , Salahaddin and Dhouk)
- 5- Kirkkuk (Kirkuk ,Al-Salahaden ,Mousl and Dyala)
Some of the outstanding activities of the network
The network sent 35 staff to participate in TOT course in AMMAN
Shams Network for Monitoring Election rained 3000 local observer in alla provinces of Iraq.
Observing first election in IRAQ( including national assembly of Iraq , Kurdistan region parliament , and provinces election) , by 1100 local observer. See the report
Observing the national referendum on constitution on 15.10.2005 , by 2000 local observer.
Observing national parliament election on 15.12.2005 by 3000 local observer. See the report.
Shams Network for Monitoring Election arranged 50 workshops during drafting Iraqi Constitution ,
Arranging 25 workshops on women and youth political participation.
Firs Network which observed election camping in Iraq.
Observing registering the voters in 2008-
Observing registering the political parties and entities by IHEC for next election in 2009(province council elections)
- A team of Shams network observed the election in 2005 in Poland , the team invited b European Institute for Democracy.
- A team of Shams network observed the election in 2006 in Germany , the team invited b y Fredric Ebert Foundation
- A team of Shams network participated in observing the elections in Yemen( September 2006)
- A team of Shams network participated in observing the elections in Jordan 2007 .
- = Shams Network for Monitoring Election is member of Arab network for elections. Which is consist of NGOs form 15 Arab country.
- – Shams Network for Monitoring Election activities appreciated formal letters by Iraqi high commission for elections.